Saturday, August 25, 2007

slow mo and lomo

i have a number of half written drafts of posts, like cut-off journal entries stopped mid sentence.
i've been feeling a bit sad for the last day, without any clear reason, so there has been a lot of sorting through emotions and trying to figure out the best way to soothe those feelings, witness them, and then figure out what i need to do to work through it towards the happiness i am so appreciative of lately.

so today was clearly asking me to be gentle (so here is my happy list of the day).

lots of napping...
a gentle photo adventure to the wee park/trail that is literally across the road (which i always forget about!)...
a delicious mocha...
a cashier with the same name...
watching my friend on tv...
reading and filled with gratitude for all the wonderful artfull bloggers...
listening to richard shindell...



i'm also falling deeply, and i mean deeply (as in head over heels), in love with lomo photography. i'm doing my best to resist spending my entire paycheck on vintage and toy cameras!

here's a few lomo links...

-first on my wish list is a holga camera. check out all of the rough beauty this camera produces. i like that you never quite know what you are gonna get!
-another appreciator of the holga. check out this womans photographs. they are so vibrant. she inspires me!
-the danger zone: the lomography website.

No comments: