Friday, February 15, 2008

7 steps to (another) lovely solo vday



i had a lovely and amazing solo heart-day on thursday. sure, i have my days when its hard to be on my own. like this one...or this one... but most days i'm quite content being alone. looking back at last years vday, i'm so grateful for the last 365 days. i know i still found it tough to feel consistently happy then. now i do.

so this is how i made this heart-day beautiful.

1. wake up early, look in the mirror and say i love you!

2. take yourself out for the most delicious breakfast at the lovely tea shop in your neigbourhood

3. write yourself a love note in your journal



4. download this woman's beautiful album and swoon over it all day

5. call all your lovelies far far away and leave geeky yet love filled phone messages

6. take yourself out to see the new romantic comedy -Definitely, Maybe-

7. treat yourself with kindness all day.

3 comments:

BatCaveNC said...

On a totally practical note, how do you like that book? My mother gave it to me for Christmas, but I had just finished Book 4 in George R.R. Martin's "Song of Fire and Ice" series, which is dazzling, and I found that characters in Pillar just didn't measure up. Though I am willing to give it another chance, which is why I'm asking. I'm in medieval mode.

Shalet said...

I'm coming over from the Shutter Sisters hubbie post to let you know that you will indeed find the person you were meant to be with. I am certain!

And, what a lovely set up for Valentine's day. Your day appears much more romantic than mine; the hubbie worked all day, I worked all night, the kids ate my chocolates. ;o)

Rachel said...

I love your note to yourself. How was the film? I wasn't sure if it's a wait for DVD or see the theater movie.