Sunday, March 15, 2009

the same wind

The same wind that uproots trees makes the grasses shine

As the sun is coming out more, i'm finding myself venturing into the city with my pretty walking shoes. I'm covering lots of ground these days, trying to make sure I do everything, see everything that I want to before its time to go North again. There is so much gorgeous graffiti and mural pieces in alleys throughout the mission. I feel like its an experiential art gallery, this city.

I love that quote on the mural. I was once an uprooted tree yet now I feel like the shiniest of grasses. Its the same wind. Its the same essential experience of living. I'm grateful for it all these days.












2 comments:

daisies said...

so much marvelous art ... thank you for sharing :-)

Brandi Reynolds said...

wow, the photos are touching and amazing.