Tuesday, February 13, 2007

be mine



i was so happy to find this cookie at a local health food store. being gluten intolerant, cookies just aren't in my vocabulary, let alone ones with icing, asking me to 'be mine'. though i definitely am a romantic, i've also been a single girl for a while so the main romanticism in my life there right now is working on self love. it is nice to do sweet things for one's self. a cup of tea and a g.f. heart cookie sounds romantic to me!

and truth be told, i feel the same way about Vday concerning self love as romantic love. one day a year just don't cut it! this whole year has been about working on this daily. giving myself space to heal and grow, finding ever growing kindness for myself, working through the messy rough stuff in order to find the open heart stuff. i'm still feeling rather protective of my needs (having formerly not been good at articulating them, its an adjustment) but far less fragile. i've got to really 'be mine' before i can be anything for anyone else.

No comments: